This is the first post in over 3 weeks and I am so very sorry for going quiet on here. It’s been incredibly hectic in my life outside of the blog with a lot of changes and upheaval and, though none of it has been negative or sad, it has been a big shift in my routine so the site had to take a slight break while I organised myself. I offer my sincere apologies to readers and followers who have been frustrated by the lack of new content on the site, I assure you that will be changing in the coming days.
What’s Been Going On?
There have been a few big things happening in my life right now and not all of them have been by choice, namely:
- I had an incredibly stressful few weeks moving house where I was effectively homeless for 2 days and moved a flat’s worth of possessions up-and-down two floors, four times. Safe to say it was something of an exhausting experience. Nevertheless, I am now living in Hackney and have been re-categorised as a trendy, east-ender (I hope).
- I haven’t had internet until yesterday thanks to both Sky and BT managing to screw up 3 separate engineer appointments, so simply had no way of uploading or publishing any posts.
- I’ve also had a few personal things going on that have prevented me from getting anything written but they’re all fairly boring so no need to worry.
Having said that, the time offline has given me some breathing room for a bit of self-improvement. I’ve been going to the gym a lot more in my end of London, sharpening up my DIY skills in the new flat (assembling furniture, taking apart kitchen equipment and fixing any faulty fittings within the house) as well as trying to get myself onto a cleaner diet before Winter.
However, all of these issues are now resolved and life is back on-track so I am looking forward to getting back into my weekly posting and continuing the conversation with you all.
What Have I Been Working On?
Even though I haven’t been able to post, I have been working on several projects and ideas for content which should be coming to the blog soon. These include:
- Video projects with other bloggers and influencers to discuss top fragrances for Christmas
- A look at great drinking/dining venues in London for impressing your parents or date
- An update on the male body image conversation and what it means for men
- Collaborations with some of the biggest male bloggers in the business
- Plenty of product reviews and style guides
- Much more on the way…
I’ve also been working on a a brand new business idea with a working title of “Barbers for Better”. This will be a social enterprise aimed at helping teenagers and young adults in London, who have come from poorer backgrounds and have very few career prospects. The business will take them in and sponsor them in their training to become fully qualified barbers thus allowing them to become part of the business and make it their own project.
The average cost of a full barber qualification is over £3,500 and I’ll be working with various organisations like Transform3D, Social Enterprise UK and hopefully The Prince’s Trust to gain the funding and expertise necessary to bring this project to life.
If any bloggers, barbers or investors are keen to get involved, you can contact me at email@example.com.
Only to say that I’ve missed you all and really struggled without being able to chat with you regularly and discuss topics that are new, controversial, old or just simply fun. You’ve been a great source of support over the past 2 and a half years and I really appreciate your patience. The Male Stylist is back in business and there will be lots coming onto the blog shortly.
In the meantime, have a great day and I’m looking forward to posting soon. In the meantime, you can also sign-up to be notified of new posts and follow The Male Stylist Twitter or Instagram for style inspiration, gentleman’s musings and general fun.Also, don’t forget to follow me on